Sunday, April 26, 2009

One year update

Can you believe it's been 1 year?! We arrived in Alaska on April 19, 2008... where has the year gone?

Things are very exciting here! Its been in the upper 40's and low 50's, the snow is gone, the moose are moving around and the girls constantly bug me to to go out ride their bikes - this all means spring is very near!

We have started making spring/summer plans and almost all my Saturdays seem to be full. Mothers day weekend we're going on our first real camping trip. Since we left our trailer in Washington, we bought a tent and are ready to go! Hopefully it won't be too cold. We went to Eklutna Lake to "scope" out the area and get the girls excited. I don't think we will be doing the 13 mile hike to the glacier. 13 mile to the glacier means 13 back and that is just too far in one day!! We've gathered a few friends from work, so it should be fun to fish, hike or just sit around and look at the fire. We can't wait!

Katherine will finish 4th grade soon... I still can't believe that, but you can see that from my other blogs. She just got recently glasses and she LOVES them. Now, most kids don't want glasses and will do whatever they can to avoid wearing them, but not Katherine. She is tickled pink to look like me! I spent my life hearing how much I looked like my mom or even Grandma!

Here is a picture of me at about 24 and my Grandma at about the same age.

and Katherine and I at Bring your Child to work on April 23rd.



Nicole is doing great! She loves to learn. Her new daycare is amazed at her skills. She knows all her letters and her numbers. She is even starting to read. She is always texting her Grandma in Washington or IMing Cyndee on the computer. Anymore, I can't even get on the computer anymore without her running over saying, "I wanna type something."


Shane and I are doing great. We are working seperate shifts, but still find time to have fun! Right now, Shane is on a 930am to 8pm shift. Crappy to say the least! Luckily within the month, he will be going back to a 6am to 330 pm shift. Then we can still have dinner together every night! I have applied for in for a new and different job within Social Security and hopefully find out soon if I got it! I really want to get this promotion to a Claims Representative. Cross your fingers and toes for me!


You know the more I write this, the more it sounds like my annual Christmas letter! This is the only way to let everyone know what all is going on! Feel free to write comments or suggestions for my next posting! I love hearing from y'all too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers for you- my toes, not so much. They're webbed, and it's hard to get them to spread far enough apart for a pedicure, let alone cross them!!! At least you'll have a jump on the game if you're hired- I start CR training next week, and feel like I'm going in BLIND! Maybe I'll get to sit in on a few claims this week, so I have some context???!?!?!

    I MISS YOU!!! I don't care if it sounds like a Christmas letter, we should keep each other up to date more often than once a year.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete