Sunday, February 1, 2009

In the beginning....

This sounds like everyone else's first blog.... "this is my first blog so bear with me....' When did I become just like "everyone else?" Holy crap!

I thought I would start to blog to help others keep up with us here in Alaska! Its been almost a year already. The move was not too bad, expensive, but not too bad. We found a great condo to rent, right in the middle of everything, close to schools and work and a starbucks for the hubby.

We settled into work fairly easy. For Shane, it was just a transfer to the same job - different location. For me, I went from a call center to working in an office. Te principles were similar but the jobs are TOTALLY diferent! I eventually got the hang of it. It's strange, going from a job that I knew alot and was comfortable to knowing NOTHING and feeling like an idiot everyday!

The Katherine is doing well in school. She'd improved tenfold over last year. Maybe it's the new school, maybe it's the teachers - who knows, but I like it! Nicole has finally been enrolled into a daycare center with other kids. She loves it. She has done well and is more animated than ever!

Alaska is BEAUTIFUL!!! When we got off the plane, we got a great view of the snow capped mountains. Its amazing how you think when you think you've seen the most beautiful thing in the world, the next day you see something even more beautiful. God has worked his glorious wonders here and man has not yet destroyed it all the way!





Keep checking back for more!!!

1 comment: